Our correspondent Roger Arthur has drafted this open letter which you are encouraged to use and send to the Conseravtive Constituency Chairman in your constituency and to your local paper. It’s again about our fight for Brexit:
Letter to a CCA Constituency Chairman
This is an open letter to you, which will appear in the local Press.
We were told “it is for the people to decide” and that a vote to leave the EU would mean leaving the Single Market and Customs Union. 544 MPs voted for the EU referendum
Despite that some seem unable to accept the outcome, although over 400 out of 650 constituencies voted to leave the EU.
That is of serious concern, bearing in mind that:
- The British people have NEVER voted for the independence of Parliament to be handed over to a foreign entity.
- The 1972 EC Act ran counter to our Constitutional Law, which makes it unlawful.
- Lord Kilmuir advised that the 1972 European Communities Act (ECA) posed a direct threat to the independence of Parliament.
- Some MPs failed to keep their Oath to the Crown, when the Queen was made an EU citizen, through the Maastricht Treaty.
- Indeed any MP who tries to frustrate the removal of the U.K. from ECJ jurisdiction would be failing in their duty to uphold our Constitutional Law and their Oath.
So if your MP will not discharge their responsibilities, then you would be well advised to de-select him/her, showing your constituents that you put democracy and the will of the people, before party.