Today is Budget Day!
YouGov/Sun poll – Labour two ahead & polling highest score this year. Ukip poll their lowest: CON 34%, LAB 36%, LD 7%, UKIP 12%, GRN 6%
– Budget 2015 vs Budget 2010: What are the vote-winners?
– Budget 2015 is all about that tax: Prepare for Osborne to say it every 31 seconds while wearing a blue tie, bookies predict
Editorial: Mr Osborne’s chance to inspire the nation
– End of the tax return panic: Osborne to unveil online accounts you can fill in at any time
– Scots MPs vote to pay Sturgeon more than PM: But panicked aides fear PR disaster and insist she’ll take ‘only’ £135,000
– Families face Easter chaos over exit check at borders: Fears of five mile queues during getaway after new laws mean every passport will have to be scanned
Editorial: Greek exit from the euro is not a risk worth taking
Editorial: Cameron acts clumsily on the Muslim Brothers
– Osborne bids to bring voters onside with pre-poll Budget
– Infrastructure spending falls at least £15bn from peak
Editorial: The Guardian view on an establishment child sex abuse ring: no more excuses, no more delays
– David Cameron agrees to one seven-way TV election debate
– Budget 2015: George Osborne to announce tidal power scheme
– UK justice minister ‘complacent’ over 38% rise in prison deaths, say MPs
Editorial: Budget 2015: Unashamed pandering to the grey vote
– Budget 2015: Savings tax scrapped as Chancellor puts his money on voters with cash in the bank
– Budget 2015: What will the scrapping of annual tax returns mean for you?
– Taxpayers ‘picking up bill for NHS outsourcing failure‘
– Independent Question Time live: Homes ‘must be built on green belt‘ to help solve housing crisis, claims Labour MP
– Former Tory co-treasurer Peter Cruddas did offer access to David Cameron for donations say appeal judges
– Metropolitan Police Chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe facing probe over child abuse ‘cover-up’
– Greens are furious at party political Election broadcasts ruling
– Tory climate change minister racked up £22k jet-setting bill in three months
– Ed rules out formal coalition with SNP
– Shapps ‘screwed up’ second job dates
– Budgets compared: how George Osborne’s statements have changed over time
– TV election debates: David Cameron agrees to seven-way debate
– David Cameron: my house is ‘falling apart’ due to protesters
– Child sex abuse: Give whistleblowers immunity, says MP
– Education, schools and universities: General Election 2015 policies of the political parties
Editorial: At last – a way to preserve our glorious landscape
– Good times to roll with £10bn extra for budget
– Splits in Europe could spell end of Russian sanctions
– Five-mile queues predicted at Dover when full exit checks begin
– Public pick up bill for failed privatisation
– ‘Macho’ Miliband wrong to wage war against us, says union leader
– LONDON: Schools Minister David Laws giving evidence to the Commons education select committee on the government’s school building programme.
– 0930: Unemployment figures.
– 1200 LONDON: Prime Minister’s Questions.
– 1230 LONDON: Budget statement.