YouGov/Sun poll – Labour retain three-point lead: CON 33%, LAB 36%, LD 7%, UKIP 14%
– ‘Complacent’ Home Office loses 175,000 illegal immigrants: Fresh humiliation as officials admit how many went missing after they were refused permission to stay .
– £100 fine if you park too near a school: New powers could target parents.
– Now toasters and kettles see sales surge amid fears appliances will be next on EU list of high-energy items to be outlawed.
– Axe free prescriptions, TV licences and the winter fuel allowance for well-off OAPs to help fund care system.
– Alcohol taxes force Britons to cut back on booze by a fifth: Average person now drinks 110 glasses of wine or 73 pints less a year than in 2004.
– Cameron to tell Nato: ‘We need 5,000 troops to keep Europe safe from Russia’.
– EU ban on electrical appliances is an ‘astonishing assault on our British way of life’ (mention Louise Bours).
– Rip-off stamp duty stops young first-time buyers ‘starting a family’.
– Isis will be squeezed out of existence, says David Cameron.
– PM could face calls to postpone UK election if Scots vote for independence.
– Nicky Morgan denies she plans to back compulsory setting in schools.
– British military mulls implications of vote for Scottish independence.
– Tory party needs more people who have worked in Morrisons, says minister.
– Tory anti-terror laws in trouble after Lib Dems raise serious legal concerns.
– Election 2015: Green Party want to give disgruntled left-wing voters a new voice.
– Ukip councillor calls for end to translation services to make people ‘learn our language’.
– Second poll puts Ukip and Douglas Carswell in lead (again) at Clacton by-election.
– Send in the drones.
– Schools set for setting.
– Taking the Michael.
– Builders on scrapheap.
– Bojo urged to stand against Ukip’s Carswell.
– ‘Tories are failing working class kids’.
– Cameron faces ‘national humiliation’ if Scotland quits the UK.
– John Bercow pencils in £110,000 for junkets.
– Tory minister ‘approached to defect by Ukip’.
– Dominic Raab: scrap stamp duty on homes under £500,000.
– David Cameron can chart a course past Nigel Farage the revolutionary.
– Scottish independence means ‘new wave of painful austerity’.
– We need 40 garden cities across England, says economics prize winner.
– Charities should ‘stick to knitting’ not politics, minister says.
– Scrap ‘perverse’ stamp duty on homes under £500k, George Osborne told.
– Police inaction forces the public to act as DIY detectives.
– Army fears 20,000 troop cuts as Britain urges allies to boost defence spending.
– Calais mayor threatens port blockade unless UK pays for migrants.
– Councillors told to keep quiet about grooming.
– Elderly must pay more for better care system.
– 0900: Call Clegg on LBC 97.3.
– LONDON: Oliver Letwin, Steve Webb and Lord Glasman speak at launch of Breakthrough Britain report by Centre for Social Justice.
– 1000 LONDON: Electoral Commission chair Jenny Watson gives evidence to Commons Political Reform Committee on voter engagement in the UK.
– 1030 BLANTYRE: Labour leader to join referendum campaign trail.
– 1030 LONDON: National Audit Office briefing on reports on Government management of contracts.
– 1600 LONDON: Data protection and journalism: new guidance for the media.
– 1800 NEWCASTLE: Implications of Scottish independence for the north of England to be discussed.