Opinium Poll: Lab 33%, Con 28%, UKIP 20%, Lib 7%, Green 6%
Editorial: On wages and NHS, Labour’s fox is shot
– Bosses fear indecisive election result: Survey of city’s biggest names says unclear election outcome could harm the recovery
– I won’t tell you how much tax I pay after all, says PM: Cameron quietly ditches plan to release details ahead of the Election
– Clegg defies the polls and says: I’d make a deal with Dave OR Ed after he dismisses predictions his party will lose half their seats
Editorial: No offence but we must safeguard our freedom
– Two thirds of Ukip supporters think party will form part of government after May elections. (UKIP Daily’s own in-depth analysis of this poll and study is here)
– The Conservative Party are ‘essentially racist’ according to former Tory aide
– David Cameron: Plummeting oil prices will help fund wage rises
– Theresa May pledges extra police patrols to counter anti-Semitism threat
Editorial: Tax and mend: Fiscal policy can help bridge the divide between North and South
Editorial: Could do better on education policy, Mr Clegg
– Ed Miliband and Ed Balls urged Brown to hold snap election before economy fell ‘off a cliff’
– Councils rely on local ‘street champions’ to pick up litter, prune hedges and grit minor roads as funds run out
– NHS in crisis: Record number of nurses off sick because of stress
– One in THREE voters still don’t know who to vote for in the General Election
Editorial: “HE is arrogant, untrustworthy and procrastinates over everything.” WHY shouldn’t drunks pay for treatment in our crisis-hit A&E departments? ISN’T the war on drivers meant to be over? THE two-legged pup who’s found new life as a kangaroo impersonator is as heart-warming a tale as we can imagine.
– Charge drunks for using A&E, say Brits
Editorial: Give voters something concrete, Ed
– Most Conservatives want more immigration, centre-right think tank tells David Cameron
– Jean-Claude Juncker compares British membership of EU to doomed romance
Editorial: If we cut policing’s golden thread, we will all be in danger
– Keep police on beat to fight terror, says ex-chief
– 1000 LONDON: Nick Clegg speech at mental health conference.
– 1015 SUFFOLK: David Cameron speech.
– 1800 LONDON: David Laws speech on “effective government in 2015 and beyond”.